Jewels

Just playing a little catch up.  I've busy, and gone for awhile so I'm just catching up on my formspring answers.


Q:  Do you, by chance have a delicious recipe for a pie that tastes like a chocolate chip cookie? ;) Will you share it with us?

A.  I make this recipe A LOT because I have yet to meet anybody that doesn't like it! (Plus it's super easy!)  

  • unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup (6 oz.) Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
  • Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. 

BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell. 

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
I personally leave the nuts out, and there ya go!  An instant hit with everybody you serve it too!


Labels: | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Kathy Says:

    Looking sooo very tasty! Great post! Now, will you bake it and send it off to those of us who can't fit that one in this week??? : ) Blessings & Grace!


  2. Shea Says:

    Yum! Thanks so much! I can't wait to make this! :)


  3. Oh.My.Gosh.
    This is a keeper. I love chocolate chip cookies but I'm trying to stay away from sweets at the moment. (Notice I said MOMENT.) When I reach my next goal, I will make this, have myself a small piece, and give the rest to a friend. I can't tell you how good this look. Can you tell I'm dessert-deprived this week?