Jewels


     I have been part of a accountability group this year with three amazing ladies.  We are all stay-at-home, homeschooling, Christian, wives and mothers.  We meet at least once a month, and just encourage one another in the huge jobs that we have committed ourselves to.  Last September, we decided that as a group we would attend the Mid-Winter Homeschooling Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan....that conference took place this past weekend.  
     Honestly, this trip couldn't have come at a better time for me.  I have been on the verge of committing homeschool Harry Carry for the last month or so. The winters in northern Michigan sure can get long...especially when you are together 24/7, and you have to be all things to all people.  I've felt like my life is an overflowing cup of responsibilities, but I am personally a empty cup that has to keep giving....and keep giving....and keep giving even though there isn't a drop left.  I know I'm not alone in this journey, and in these feelings.  I'm willing to bet that all mothers feel this way from time to time.  
     One of the speakers this weekend was Sally Clarkson.  She is the author of The Ministry of Motherhood and The Mom Walk.  What an amazing lady!  If you ever get the opportunity to hear her speak make sure you jump on it!  She was such a blessing and encouragement to me, and I thank God for her very timely words that spoke into my life.
     


Matthew 26:38-40 (New International Version)

38Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."
 39Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."



     These particular verses really have stuck out to me today.  The fact that Jesus Christ Himself is acquainted with sorrow, grief, sadness, being overwhelmed, and tears has never been a thought that has crossed my mind before. He does understand what we are feeling!  He even begged God to relieve Him of the weight of the burden and responsibility He was carrying.  The fact that he still "drank His cup" faithfully, and trusted that God had a plan for His situation is the ultimate example for us to follow.  Because of Jesus' obedience and faithfulness in drinking His cup, He has provided the one and only way for the redemption from our human depravity. 
     It made me think of my full cup of responsibilities, as well as every other overwhelmed mom. We need to trust that God has a plan for our situation, and trust Him.  We need to be faithful and obedient with what He has entrusted to us. In doing so, we will be providing our depraved world and generation with the opportunity for redemption because of the witness of the incredible future adults we are raising!  So, my encouragement to you as well as to myself:


*That incredibly frustrating child of yours..........
Be faithful with your responsibility and trust that God has a plan for him/her!

*Those difficult marital issues that you have............
Be faithful and obedient with your responsibility and trust that God has a plan for your marriage!

*Those needy, invasive, manipulative people that constantly invade your boundaries........
Be faithful with the responsibility to love and be firm with them.  Trust that God has a plan for those relationships!

*Those financial burdens and uncertainties that you are carrying............
Be faithful and obedient with what God has given you.  He has a plan and a way!

Because of OUR faithfulness and obedience, we can change our world!  


Drink your cup!
2 Responses
  1. Deb Simon Says:

    Loving you more and more every time we're together Julie! :) You are a blessing my friend.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Love the encouragement! Thanks for sharing. When we are weak, HE is strong!!! Love you....Kristine